Heeeelp i think

Jackedgar1

So iv recently bought my gecko about 2 days ago and he/she is still not eating im not worried yet as iv read a lot of thing saying they can go without eating for a week or so, any tips or tricks I have been trying to tame he/she but only for lime 30 second intervals by either carefully and gently picking it up or leaving my hand in the enclosure I know some people say leave it a week and others say a day

ZNature

Yes you should leave it for a minimum a week do not feed it and do not handle it. After that time try to feed it but do not handle he/she unless necessary. I’ve had a leopard gecko go off food for two full months to almost three months and she barely lost any weight. They can go very very long without food so don’t worry if it won’t eat yet. After he/she starts eating consistently you can start handling it.

Jackedgar1

Okay thank you was getting a little worried this is the 3rd day it hasn't taken to food, I have been trying to handle he/she and managed to hold it for a good 30 seconds without it shooting off as was instructed to by the person I bought it off but I might just leave it for a couple of days and just replenish the water

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I agree not to handle it for at least a week until it gets acclimated, but I do think it's fine to leave a bit of food for it to give it an opportunity to decide to eat. If you choose not to feed for a week that will be OK too.

Aliza

Visit our friends