Hello, im new here with a new gecko :)

ziggy360

Hi everyone im Scott or you can call me ziggy :)

i have just recently brought a leopard gecko after a few years of research and wanting one for so long,
i was lucy to pick up a 2 year old she is a Sunglow Tangerine, correct me if im wrong but is this a type of hybino?

i still need a nice name for her, so any suggestions would be great :)
as i only got her Sunday she hasn't eaten anything yet but i understand this could be because shes still settling in

picture.php

:D

Bongo

Back-woods Gecko
Congrats on your first leo!

Though her eye is not very clear in the picture, she looks to be a Tremper Sunglow. Yes, Sunglow and Hybino are the same morph.

I would replace the sand in your enclosure with paper towels or tile cut to size. Leopard geckos will ingest sand accidentally when hunting feeders and sometimes purposely. This can lead to impaction.

justindh1

Looks like a great first acquisition!

Don't listen to anyone about the sand. Do what you want to. Let others make up their mind about what they want to do with their animals, not yours.

ziggy360

cheers guys ive read so much about the sand, and although this a dissolvable calcium type sand i no it still can be harmful but she also has lived on this most of her life so im goin to change it.
im going to take most of the sand out and put slate tiles in and fill the gaps with the sand :)
her eyes are silvery with black almost dark red veins in.

NinjaDuo

Looks like a great first acquisition!

Don't listen to anyone about the sand. Do what you want to. Let others make up their mind about what they want to do with their animals, not yours.

Play sand is best, but still a risk. Leos live in rock surface cracks not in sand. So yes you should listen to others with experience.

And calcium sand is just all around bad...

Your Sunglow is so bright!

Last edited:

touch 13

Euble_Rhac_Gekko
I don't feel telling someone not to listen to what others say is the correct way of getting a new owner settled. He's posting questions to provide the best care possible. A lot of GF users are/have/will work with leopards at some point in their gecko carreer, and there's lots to be shared!

NinjaDuo

I don't feel telling someone not to listen to what others say is the correct way of getting a new owner settled. He's posting questions to provide the best care possible. A lot of GF users are/have/will work with leopards at some point in their gecko carreer, and there's lots to be shared!

+1

ziggy360

its ok guys, i no the deal about sand some people refuse to believe the facts about ipaction , but i also will agree it may not happen to every gecko and as she seems really fine with sand at the moment (there is a lot of rock in my vivarium and slate so she mostly eats of that, and i shall reduce it anyways :)

i do have another question though guys i was looking into breeding i was wondering what you guys would think would be best what type of male and what are the best opinoin morphs i could have with her

Visit our friends