Hello, My name is Joe and I'm a reptileholic.

Sphex

Kind of sums it up I guess, I've always had a soft spot for reptiles and fish. Have owned though a lot more fish than I have reptiles. In the past I had a 6ft+ long iguana named Iggy, a leopard gecko, a blue tongued skink and countless fish, a few rats, a dozen cats and a pixie frog named Fergus. Currently the projects a bit different than my usual ones. Its not one habitat I'm plotting but a very small zoo really.

The goals eventually to have Terrariums stretching across the entire corner of the room. If my plan stays as is which it won't cause it changes about every other week till I get everything sorted. I'll have 2 Leachies, 2 gargoyles, 2 leopard geckos, a small group of White's Tree frogs, a small group of Emerald Tree Skinks, then in the corner something a bit larger though I go back and forth as to what. Either a tortoise, a bearded dragon, Chinesewater dragon, or something else I haven't quite thought of either way that corner tank will be a good size though the size might be altered once I pick exactly what i'm putting there. Quite a project really but it is delayed a bit, I had hoped to be further a long but ran into some electrical issues and a broken car, so it was pushed back. But all things in due time. I'll setup a post in the forum and quite possibly a webpage concerning the project as it comes along. For now though its just one leopard gecko habitat. There's a post about a few questions i have for it in the enclosure section of the forum. If you know much about lighting head there give me some advice cause I'm a little stuck on that one.

Lets see what else. Sometime this year I'll be building and selling custom terrariums and stands as well as Isopods and springtails and baby gecko's, frogs and skinks when that happens. It will be a local thing though so less you're in ohio or willing to drive to ohio that probably is a bit of a moot point. Lets see all my setups have been and will always be bioactive. Just like my aquariums are always heavily planted.

Not real sure what else to say I suppose, So I'll leave a few pictures of my current setup and my gecko who's currently unoriginally named spot.

Attachments

• gecko 01.jpg
    gecko 01.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Gecko 02.jpg
    Gecko 02.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Gecko Full Tank.jpg
    Gecko Full Tank.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6

Camile

Hi Joe, my wife and I are now reptiholics too. The wife got a crested gecko for work and then 3 weeks later we ordered a blue tongue skink for home. Probably a month after we got her (maybe two)we bought a leopard gecko morph at the pet store. Now last night we bought another enclosure off of market place for I’m not sure yet. Maybe to move the leopard to so I can take the one that she is in to the job I am not at yet or we shall see…..
They are WAY addictive once you get started.
Welcome to the forum Joe.

Visit our friends