Hello world!

ribbotic

I'm new here, looking at making a good home for a gargoyle gecko from Josh's Frogs in the near future. I had a couple of bearded dragons as a kid, but haven't been active with reptiles for a long while. I have a couple of tarantula spiderling, and a thriving colony of Blatta lateralis feeder cockroaches that I need help consuming. I also picked up a ZooMed 12" x 12" x 24" Paludarium a few months back, which I'm hoping to house a (1) gecko in. The idea is to plant the tall philodendron and one or two of the runner philodendron branches, with ABG substrate and a lava rock drainage layer. I'd like to build some sort of ledged backdrop with the pink-purple foam (I have 5 of those boards), shaped with a scroll saw, some hand tools, and razor blades. I've also got a ZooMed UVB & Nano LED light fixture for the top, and will probably invest in an automated misting device before too long. Prior to the pandemic, and presumably again after it's controlled, week-long trips for conferences occurred twice or thrice a year, which may be dicey without machinery.

Looking forward to doing some reading here on husbandry, and also receptive to guidance from more experienced folks out there on keeping the lil' ones happy & healthy. Cheers!

PXL_20201213_223652130.jpg

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! Sounds like a good plan. Pothos is my go-to plant. Don't get too attached to the plants, though. Gargs tend to mash them. I've given up on planted tanks for gargs (which doesn't mean you should). Currently I have some big pieces of cork bark in my enclosures, which they like a lot. In one enclosure I have a "lucky bamboo" plant in a pot (which is now anchored with the cork bark because the gargs kept climbing on it and knocking the vase over) and a geranium in a pot (cut off my other geranium and started growing leave, so why not).

Aliza

Visit our friends