hello!

BuddyTony

I just purchased a gecko today his name is Skipper but it was from a pet store and i have no idea what type of gecko he is or if its a male or female!

Attachments

• 2D5BE3BF-39C1-40DB-8FD7-DD064D2EF1B0.jpeg
    2D5BE3BF-39C1-40DB-8FD7-DD064D2EF1B0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! Nice looking gecko. It is an albino, meaning that it has no black coloring. There are 3 strains of albino. The most common is Tremper albino. There's no way to tell which strain your gecko is by looking, though it's likely a Tremper. You can also call it "aberrant" meaning that the horizontal bands on the body are broken (to the extent that they look like vertical bands) but the bands on the tail are not.
Google "sexing a leopard gecko" for pictures of what to look at.

Aliza

BuddyTony

Welcome! Nice looking gecko. It is an albino, meaning that it has no black coloring. There are 3 strains of albino. The most common is Tremper albino. There's no way to tell which strain your gecko is by looking, though it's likely a Tremper. You can also call it "aberrant" meaning that the horizontal bands on the body are broken (to the extent that they look like vertical bands) but the bands on the tail are not.
Google "sexing a leopard gecko" for pictures of what to look at.

Aliza
Awesome thanks for all the help! can you guess how old he is by the picture? I’m guessing like a month or so but there’s probably no way to really tell

Visit our friends