Hello:)

Logan _theLeo

Hello I just joined, I thought joining a forum would be a great way to further my leopard gecko knowledge:) Currently I have a leopard gecko named Logan (after wolverine). So his backround story. He is 5 years old. I adopted him from Petco when he was 3, his previous owners were moving and couldn't bring him along so they dropped him off at the store. At the time it was my birthday and it was a complete impulse to get him. I feel horrible looking back as I was and still am mainly into small animals such as mice and hamsters so my reptile knowledge was extremely limited. At the beginning my care was not that good but I'm proud to say my care has immensely improved. I've had him for two years now 20191017_190752.jpg but I'd say i'm still relatively new, as Logan is my only reptile . So any care tips would be greatly appreciated:)

LoveReps

Logan looks pretty cute. I love the little hammock and pillow he has, thats pretty neat. I don't know how much information you know already, but if you would like to fill out a form about his care, I can send it to you on here and you can fill it out, or you can tell us more about his living situation (setup, feeders, supplements, etc.), we would be glad to help out.

Logan _theLeo

Logan looks pretty cute. I love the little hammock and pillow he has, thats pretty neat. I don't know how much information you know already, but if you would like to fill out a form about his care, I can send it to you on here and you can fill it out, or you can tell us more about his living situation (setup, feeders, supplements, etc.), we would be glad to help out.

Thank you, could you send me a form? I think that would be easier :)

LoveReps

About your leo:
- Sex
- Age & Weight
- How long have you owned your leo
- Where was he/she obtained (ex. Pet store, breeder, wild caught, friend)

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now.
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe.

B) Fecals
- Describe (look any different than normal)
- When was the last time he/she went

C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem and how long it has been going on

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size
- Type (ex. glass tank)
- Type of substrate
- Hides, how many, what kind

B) Heating
- Heat source
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side)
- Method of regulating heat source
- What are you using to measure your temps
- Do you have any lights (describe)

C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females)
- Describe health, or previous problems

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much)
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect)

B) Supplements (describe how often)
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands)
- What are you gut loading food with

LoveReps

You can ignore the questions that ask whats wrong with your Leo unless he has been acting unusual. You don't have to answer the fecal or problem section.

Logan _theLeo

About your leo:
- Sex: Male
- Age & Weight: 5 years, 52 grams
- How long have you owned your leo : 2 years
- Where was he/she obtained (ex. Pet store, breeder, wild caught, friend): adopted from pet store

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo: usually 3 times a week around 20 minutes each time
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now: no he's generally calm until he sees food
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe: no, none that I know of

B) Fecals
- Describe (look any different than normal)
- When was the last time he/she went

C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem and how long it has been going on

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size
- Type (ex. glass tank), 20 gallon long aquarium
- Type of substrate: reptile carpet
- Hides, how many, what kind: 3, one fully enclosed hide with moist paper towel for humidity, half log hide on the cool side, reversible reptile hide from petco on warm side,its open on the bottom

B) Heating
- Heat source; heat pad
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side) 88 on the warm side, 77 on the cool side
- Method of regulating heat source;zilla thermostat
- What are you using to measure your temps, zoomed digital thermometer
- Do you have any lights (describe) no i usually just leave the window open to allow light in

C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females); one male in total
- Describe health, or previous problems: has always acted normal I know he was previously kept on sand by past owners buts thats all

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much) crickets and meals worms, usually around 5-8 crickets every other day or 5-6 meal worms
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect) I usually put them in the cage one by one until he its them but if he has been chasing a cricket for a long time then i'll just hand feed,

B) Supplements (describe how often)
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands) fluckers calcium without d3, reptivite reptile vitamins with d3
- What are you gut loading food with: I usually feed the crickets and meals worms fresh veggies

LoveReps

Everything seems perfectly fine to me. Just watch the amount of direct sunlight he gets through the window (if he gets direct sun) and make sure it doesn't heat up the cage to uncomfortable temps. If you have any crazy, weird or just plain normal questions, don't be afraid to ask us :D

Visit our friends