hello!

crestedgecko52

hi im new. i dont have any reptiles right now, but im gonna get a crested gecko soon :)

my buget for things is gonna be $400, and im gonna make my own diy screen cage (with the help of my dad) and some other diy stuff, like hides, rope hammocks, food bowls, ect. :)
i cant tell you how much i want one :)

always were your seatbelt,

crestedgecko52

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sounds like a good project. Be aware, though, that unless you live in a very humid environment, a screen cage won't hold the humidity in the way a crested gecko needs. If you're both very handy you could build your own cage with plexiglass or glass panels and a frame, but to my mind it makes more sense to just go ahead and buy a front-opening terrarium (or look into one of those kits that transform an aquarium into a tall terrarium). If you look on craigslist you will eventually find some nice eco-terra front opening terrariums for a good price. I've never paid more than $70 for a used one. Be aware that an adult crestie needs an enclosure sized 18"x18"x18" at a minimum. I've kept adult cresties in a 12x12x18 and it definitely wasn't good enough for them.

Aliza

Visit our friends