hello!!

casisdizzy

hello everyone, im new here. im soon to be a gecko owner and im super excited! im doing my research beforehand. can anyone point me in the direction of very fruitful caresheets, which gecko i would be better off having (Crested OR Leopard) and how to find the perfect one to buy. thank you!!

luv,
cas

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! I recommend you read a bunch of care sheets about each and see where there is agreement. Where there's disagreement, come back here and ask. There is more than one way to do things. The difference between having a leopard gecko or a crested gecko can be summed up this way:
Leopard gecko - lower, wider cage (terrestrial) Crested gecko - taller cage (arboreal_
needs heat most likely doesn't need heat
eats live food eats powdered fruit but also likes crickets
There are other differences, and you'll have to figure out which you like better. Don't buy your gecko from a big chain pet store. See if there's a reptile show near you, or google for breeders.

Aliza

casisdizzy

thank you so much!! i started reading lots of caresheets and comparing today but only on cresties. been discussing with my parents. :)
Welcome! I recommend you read a bunch of care sheets about each and see where there is agreement. Where there's disagreement, come back here and ask. There is more than one way to do things. The difference between having a leopard gecko or a crested gecko can be summed up this way:
Leopard gecko - lower, wider cage (terrestrial) Crested gecko - taller cage (arboreal_
There are other differences, and you'll have to figure out which you like better. Don't buy your gecko from a big chain pet store. See if there's a reptile show near you, or google for breeders.

Aliza

DoodlyDoo2021

hello everyone, im new here. im soon to be a gecko owner and im super excited! im doing my research beforehand. can anyone point me in the direction of very fruitful caresheets, which gecko i would be better off having (Crested OR Leopard) and how to find the perfect one to buy. thank you!!

luv,
cas
We have two crested geckos in our home. I love them. Such neat little creatures!!! And you don’t HAVE to feed them live insects! Huge bonus for me!! Best of luck to you, read a few articles on each type, we also watched videos on you tube to get a better idea of what we might be getting into.

Geckofan.me

Aliza
Hi , can you please check my forum I recently posted , I need help quickly!

Visit our friends