HELP ASAP!!!!

GeckMom

I have a leopard gecko at home who is about 4 years old. She has had vision problems from a young age and for a short time I was using Flukers Reptirinse to help clear her eyes out. Recently they have stopped working and she has grown what appears to be an abscess around the eye. I took her to the vet (they weren’t very well versed in gecko care) and suggested it may be a ruptured eye. They put her on an eyedrop (tobramyacim 2drops per eye a day), then an antibiotic (enrofloxacin .06mls by mouth daily), along with a pain relief ( meloxican 0.3ml a day. She has lost a lot of weight and is now 28g. Since the medication I had started 3 days ago, she has been eating more and active again (not that she really slowed down much or showed signs of pain). However, she now has an abrasion on the bump under and around her eye that has now grown. I am not sure how to treat it as The sore has almost tripled in size the last hour. She just finished shedding but it was not visible after. During her last set of eye drops she had finally opened both eyes completely (covered in a milky substance in one eye and a hard puss on the other). Since then she has been acting strange and not moving. I am very worried for her and am looking for insight if anyone knows what may be happening! Thanks!

Attachments

• 1C5E049F-646A-4AD4-A73E-585215DC3EBA.jpeg
    1C5E049F-646A-4AD4-A73E-585215DC3EBA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • C537074E-28F6-43F6-8939-2EFDE7D0BFB9.jpeg
    C537074E-28F6-43F6-8939-2EFDE7D0BFB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not a vet but I'm going to guess that the infection is getting worse and could become systemic. Hopefully your vet could refer you to a reptile vet or could contact one online and share pictures. If she is in the cage with the other one I recommend you separate her temporarily. Also, call your vet and let him/her know about the recent changes.

Aliza

Visit our friends