help gecko not eating diarrhea and lethargic

sas

Hi
I am very worried about my fat tailed gecko. He has not eaten anything in 3 days and just stays in his hide and he had diarrhea.
I got him just over a week ago. He is 2 months old. His tank is about 20 l. I have paper towel down as his substrate. He has a heat pad on one side of his cage where one of his hides is - this hide he stays in all the time. The temperature is around 94. On the other side of his tank it is cooler and he has another hide with moss in the bottom that I keep moist and his water bowl.
For the first few days he came out at night and he did eat - I fed him crickets the first night but then he wouldn't kill them and since you shouldn't leave the crickets in over night I would kill them for him and he ate mealworms too. Also he drank fine.
But for the past 3 days he has not eaten anything. He just stayed in his warm hide and dent come out.
Last night I turned his heat mat off in the evening and he did come out of his hide in the evening. But he still didn't eat anything and then I noticed this morning he had abit of diarrhea.
I read some where that if they don't eat to try to feed him Turkey and vegetables baby food but how do I feed him it if I should?
I am very worried. Any advice?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
In my opinion, first thing to do is get him to a vet for a fecal exam. Diarrhea, and "not eating" can be a sign of parasites. I would search this site and find the "slurry diet", instead of baby food, until you get him to a vet.

Russellm0704

Don't turn off the heat, it's what they need. Sounds like he is dehydrated, your moist hide should also be on the warm side so he has a moist hide that he can stay warm in. Mist the moist hide frequently so the gecko will lick the droplets.

sas

Ok great. I have moved his moist hide to the warm side and I will not turn off the heat mat.
If he's not better by Tuesday I will take him to vet. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I should. Thanx!

sas

Sorry another question. Isn't the temperature meant to drop in the evening though? If I keep the heat pad on during the night then that won't happen

Visit our friends