Help! (gecko scared of me)

Anna_.lin

How do i stop my gecko from being sooo scared of me and stop her from running away?? And its not like its easy to get her back to her enclosure it seems like she hates it. she always hide in a hard to reach spaces☹️☹️☹️its so frustrating...
Its a leopard gecko btw

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
How long have you had her? Is she an adult or still a juvenile? Let me know about that and I'll try to answer your question.

Aliza

Anna_.lin

How long have you had her? Is she an adult or still a juvenile? Let me know about that and I'll try to answer your question.

Aliza
She is 6 months old.. i had her since january idk if a 6 month is considered a juvenile

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
6 months is kind of an older juvenile. All I can tell you is that the younger ones are more likely to want to hide all the time. Also, some geckos will change and become more comfortable with being held and others won't. It's not really due to you doing anything wrong. Your best bet is to let your gecko see your hands in the cage, even if it stays in the hide. If it will let you hand feed it, that's a good association for it. It should figure out at some point that you're where the food comes from and that helps.

Aliza

Visit our friends