Help I dont know what species of cave gecko this is?

elmist

Please help how can you tell the difference between cave gecko species. I dont know the exact species of mine but here is some pictures also how big do they get cause mine is still small and Ive had it for a year? and one last question can you mate a japanese cave gecko with a chinese cave gecko?
cave gecko 2.jpg
Cave Gecko.jpg

SaSobek

its a Chinese cave gecko (Goniurosaurus hainanensis), Hainan Cave Gecko

they stay much smaller then a Leo I would say around 25 grams. keep them at room temp and make sure the tank doesn't dry out. the biggest killer of these guys is to dry and to hot. they can eat crickets mealworms and roaches. good luck with it they are a great gecko to work with.

[video=youtube;GEvXxJO2Cow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvXxJO2Cow&feature=share&list=UUiN4Hn5XG_AniJyEFHusDkA[/video]

elmist

Thank you, I figured he was a g. hain but it was hard to tell between that and g. luii. Ya i read up on how to take care of them before buying him. I prefer tropical reptiles. This is his setup and i mist it once or twice a day depending if it needs it. I also run a 75 watt heat bulb during the day and a 75 watt black light heat bulb at night. It is a 20 gallon tank.

setup cave.jpg

Visit our friends