Help! Is my gecko ok?

Leah.khr

My leo Dora has been like this for abit now, has anyone else had a gecko like this and is ir dangerous? I’ve never seen this before, help! 46A76757-9996-4628-80E0-422FDB7F2F7F.jpeg BFF55DD0-B230-4438-84E3-AE035D914D57.jpeg
3C338239-3B9A-4566-98A8-F289B28B6333.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Have you been providing calcium and vitamin D3 to your gecko? I don't really know for sure, but based on the picture of the whole gecko, it's possible that the mouth is open because the gecko has weak bones due to MBD (metabolic bone disease). I highly recommend a reptile vet visit.

Aliza

Leah.khr

Have you been providing calcium and vitamin D3 to your gecko? I don't really know for sure, but based on the picture of the whole gecko, it's possible that the mouth is open because the gecko has weak bones due to MBD (metabolic bone disease). I highly recommend a reptile vet visit.

Aliza
I’ve talked to alot of my reptile owner friends and they all say It’s mbd. I’ve been feeding her calciulm but I just recently realised It’s without D3. I’m buying her new calcium today.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Good idea. For a few weeks, dust all the feeders with calcium and D3. After that, do it every other feeding. Leopard geckos can also get too much D3 and calcium.

Aliza

Visit our friends