Help me figure out what this sound is please

Evie

Hi, I’m brand new to this forum and owning reptiles. I recently got a juvenile leopard gecko and he seems to be pretty healthy for the most part from everything I’ve read, but he keeps making this sound even when I’m nowhere near him so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was. I know they can make noises when their threatened, but I haven’t found any videos or recordings that seem to match this sound .

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sorry, not a clue. I have a lot of geckos in my living room and most evenings I hear some little chirps but no one is ever acting weird. Does it always happen when the gecko is hiding? Is there any chance that it's moving something around in the cage? Sometimes I hear weird noises and then I realize that someone is shedding and thumping around in the humid hide (and you're sure it's not your smoke detector batteries, right?)

Aliza

Evie

Sorry, not a clue. I have a lot of geckos in my living room and most evenings I hear some little chirps but no one is ever acting weird. Does it always happen when the gecko is hiding? Is there any chance that it's moving something around in the cage? Sometimes I hear weird noises and then I realize that someone is shedding and thumping around in the humid hide (and you're sure it's not your smoke detector batteries, right?)

Aliza
It seems to be almost always when he is in his humid hide and I’m sure it’s not the smoke detector batteries because I had him in a different room before and the noise continued even after I moved him to a different room so I’m pretty sure he is the source. I’ll try and see if anything is moving around when it happens

Evie

I’m starting to wonder if it’s not him making the noise but some equipment on my tank. Im not certain what could make that noise, but I have heard it when he’s been out of his hide and looking at him I can’t see even how he’s making the noise if it is him.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you can take him out of the enclosure temporarily and listen for the sound, that may be helpful.

Aliza

Visit our friends