Help? (normal activity level?)

Okay! So, this is my first leopard gecko i’ve ever owned. His name is Chaos, and he’s about two weeks old. I just got him today, and I noticed he seemed to be particularly active during the day and right now (9:45 pm) he’s asleep. He even ate at around 2 pm and he was exploring his tank. I’ve only owned diurnal species and I was wondering if this was normal. He’s pretty normal weight, maybe a little bit over (but he’s a baby so it doesn’t matter lol). I don’t know the exact grams at the moment because the scale is coming in the mail in a couple days. Here are some pictures of him.. (ignore my hands)

Helena

Attachments

• FFC5C3B3-F80F-451C-B2E3-470B6B64A06E.jpeg
    FFC5C3B3-F80F-451C-B2E3-470B6B64A06E.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 0295897C-05EA-4C5E-A4FD-F84EF616FAD9.jpeg
    0295897C-05EA-4C5E-A4FD-F84EF616FAD9.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 6

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Nice looking gecko. Technically they're actually crepuscular, meaning that they're most active around dawn and dusk. Some of mine are awake at odd times, just like humans. We're supposed to be diurnal, but I have been known to go to bed with the birds, instead of getting up with them.

Aliza

Nice looking gecko. Technically they're actually crepuscular, meaning that they're most active around dawn and dusk. Some of mine are awake at odd times, just like humans. We're supposed to be diurnal, but I have been known to go to bed with the birds, instead of getting up with them.

Aliza
Thank you! I’m excited to see him grow up. I knew they were crepuscular, I just thought his activity was a little weird haha. He’s already pooped and eaten which i’m super happy about. And speaking of us being diurnal I was up at 3 am last night and I saw him exploring so maybe he was just a bit sleepy. He’s such a cutie and he’s actually very tame for his age, yeah he tries to run off of me but after a couple minutes he actually chills out a bit.
Thank you for your help!

Visit our friends