Help . . Ranco or Herpstat

Latlaw

I'm torn. Ranco is the standard off/on thermostat but is known to be a good choice. Herpstat is $30.00 more but is a proportional.

I will need to buy two. I only have two 20 gal longs with 3 geckos so do I need to spend the extra for a proportional?

Anyone here use and and is happy with the Ranco? I hate making these decisions!! I currently use a Alfie and the temps are just all over the place. I hate it.

R

rince

I love my herpstat ND and would not change it for anything. I used normal thermostats before and I never had an environment as stable as it is now. I think the extra money is well spend. I personally prefer the herpstat proportional thermostats over other manufacturers' products, but I am sure that a helix proportional thermostat will do the trick as well.

LizMarie

Why would you need two? Doesn't Ranco and Herpstat have multiple plug - in's up to a certain wattage like the BAH 1,000? I have 3 geckos that are going to be placed in a book case and plan to plug them up into the same thermostat, unless you have them in two totally different rooms or something.

Just a thought.

Latlaw

Why would you need two? Doesn't Ranco and Herpstat have multiple plug - in's up to a certain wattage like the BAH 1,000? I have 3 geckos that are going to be placed in a book case and plan to plug them up into the same thermostat, unless you have them in two totally different rooms or something.

Just a thought.

I wondered that too but don't you just have one probe? Although the tanks are close and are the same size. One is kind of closer to the window and won't be identical in heating. Maybe I should contact the company to see what they say.

LizMarie

I wondered that too but don't you just have one probe? Although the tanks are close and are the same size. One is kind of closer to the window and won't be identical in heating. Maybe I should contact the company to see what they say.

As long as they're the same device/wattage you shouldn't have a problem. As for the window I don't know.

Latlaw

I love my herpstat ND and would not change it for anything. I used normal thermostats before and I never had an environment as stable as it is now. I think the extra money is well spend. I personally prefer the herpstat proportional thermostats over other manufacturers' products, but I am sure that a helix proportional thermostat will do the trick as well.

Thanks! I ordered the Herpstat today. Can't wait to get my tanks at at stable temp.

Visit our friends