HELP! (stays out of hide)

LesserDog333

I have a 3 year old leopard gecko named Gizmo who recently received a new heating pad (her other one wasn't getting hot enough anymore). It was a bit of a big temperature jump as the other one hasn't been working for a while. I installed it a few days ago and now she is out of her hide during the day (she goes on the new heat mat) just sitting there, not asleep or anything. She is still active when I handle her, and when i put her back in her vivarium she goes into her hide, but when i check on her later she is outside again. Is this normal? It happened right as I installed it, and she has always lived in her hide during the day, so this is very new for me. I am worried about her so please help!

Edit: I forgot to specify that she is a leopard gecko.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you have a thermostat for it? Is the temperature on the floor where the pad is in the low 90's? If everything is OK, the gecko may just have fond a place it likes to be that's different from before. I have geckos that range from always being in the hides to never being in their hides.

Aliza

LesserDog333

Yes, it has a thermostat. It is at about 87 degrees as of now, as I am trying to get the temperature to 90 degrees gradually. I think she could be getting used to her new environment. Thank you for your quick response, this was very helpful.

Visit our friends