NewGeckoOwner

I hope you guys can help ;-;
I'm having trouble with my little baby crestie. He isn't very thrifty and he keeps getting stuck shed on his toes. I have been helping him with his toes successfully but now I've noticed that the end of his tail is stiff and kind of crusty looking. I thought it was just dirt on him but something is wrong with it. I have no idea why he keeps getting shed issues, I have another crestie in the same enclosure (It's a big 18x18x24 with lots of hides and private spots for them) and he sheds perfectly fine every time. the humidity is 67-75 all the time so I'm stumped as to the cause. I don't want to lose him or have him lose his tail. what does it look like to you guys? Top pic is before, bottom one is now.

1633451772918.jpeg

1633451730210.jpeg

panthergecko

Separate them. Have him in his own enclosure. Looks like a small couple month old gecko.

Have him on paper tower. Bare minimum. He could be failing to thrive in competition with the other gecko out competing him.

That is my thoughts based on my understanding of Crested Geckos, and what I read online about them / videos from breeders.

Visit our friends