Help! white lined geckos getting sick

lizardlover:) 1519

hello! I need help from anyone who can give it to me! I breed baby geckos and I am really at a loss because the babies die so frequently and the same thing happens every time: they are eating fine and seem perfectly healthy, then their bottom lip starts to become sort of stretched out and becomes an underbite, then they stop eating and I try everything to get them to eat, it is so sad because when they get to a certain point where I know they are going to die I know there's nothing I can do:( does anyone on this page have any idea what I can do to stop this from happening to every baby gecko that hatches it is so sad and heartbreaking and I just want to do everything that I can to raise them into grown geckos! I will take any suggestions or feedback I can possibly get.

lizardlover:) 1519

This is my set up they normally have a uv light but I'm replacing it at the moment because it broke, they have a humidifier and i spray the cage often. I feed them, watermelon and growth and breeding pangea food along with mealworms, crickets and very occasionally dubia roaches which i dust all the insects with your regular calcium powder. My adults also love the occasional watermelon pieces.
16198314408452844715674550428416.jpg

Onelifegecs

This is my set up they normally have a uv light but I'm replacing it at the moment because it broke, they have a humidifier and i spray the cage often. I feed them, watermelon and growth and breeding pangea food along with mealworms, crickets and very occasionally dubia roaches which i dust all the insects with your regular calcium powder. My adults also love the occasional watermelon pieces.
View attachment 79979
I’m at a loss on this one. Maybe there is a genetic abnormality amongst the parents

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Before the UV light broke, how long were you using it for? UV lights lose their UVB after about 6 months. If you can get them to eat, you may want to supply them with some vitamin D3. Be sure to use a new UV bulb (full spectrum) when you get the light fixed. You may want to make an appointment with a reptile vet.

Aliza

Visit our friends