Help with baby leopard gecko

Leostrom98

Hello!
I just got a little 2 to 3 month female leopard gecko (my first leopard gecko) and something isn't right. I've had her a little over a week and everything was great. She was sleeping better, eating good, she seemed to me like she was doing good. Then I got home from work yesterday to find she had diarrhea (which I know isn't good) in her tank and was acting like she wasn't feeling well (sleeping more and not moving much). I thought she was doing better today because she seemed more alert and like she was feeling better, she even passed a solid poop, but then upon further inspection I found that she had also had diarrhea again. I've been keeping a close eye on her since and she had diarrhea again (so she's had it 3 times total). I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Keep checking on her as time passes. A little diarrhea is not ideal but not cause for concern just yet IMHO

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're feeding your gecko something different than what she got at the pet store, she may have diarrhea as she adjusts to the new food. If it's really smelly, it continues and she seems reluctant to eat, I recommend you bring her to the vet and ask them to test her for cryptosporidiosis (they can do this with a swab to the vent if they don't have a poop sample). If for some reason it's positive (this will not necessarily be the case and I don't want to scare you but I unfortunately have first hand knowledge about this), you should inform the pet store. If it's a big chain pet store they will probably do nothing, and what you should do is to never get another gecko from them again.
Hoping it's nothing to worry about (the bearded dragon I got about 6 weeks ago has periodic diarrhea but he's fine).

Aliza

helpbabyleo

How do I make my own post? I need help with my baby leo, this is lame and I'm sorry I can't find out how to post

mamakity7679

This is Sunny I had to change her cage mat (it had gotten smelly two weeks use you know) and make adjustments her aquarium. Very angry and hidden. Do I need to worry about searching for her tomorrow or do I just give her a few days to readjust to new set up. She was beyond mad it had changed. Never had her so mad that she was holding her mouth open like she wanted to bite me. Worried I over stressed her do to the changing of her mat and moving things around. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_174702.jpg
    IMG_20210511_174702.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Give her time to get over it. If you want to avoid the substrate changing, consider ceramic tile. Looks nice, easy to clean and conducts heat well.

Aliza

Visit our friends