Help with feeder insects!

Bluepicole

How do you guys feed your geckos crickets? Or mealworms/dubia. I want to start feeding my crested gecko some but I have a fully bio active enclosure and they would just get lost. Also, how do you start feeding your crestie insects? I did when she was about 1 year old and did for a few years but stopped because of supply issues. It has now been a few years and she won’t eat any dubias I offer her. I have just put her In a 10 gallon with dubias but nothing, no interest. Help!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
With hatchling cresties and gargs I would hold the gecko and poke a feeder at it's mouth. It would automatically bite it and soon learned that these feeders taste good. You could try that with yours even though it's older. I think letting a few crickets run loose in the enclosure encourages hunting behavior. He'll find them eventually.

Aliza

Herpin Man

I would use an escape-resistant feeding dish for burrowing insects such as dubia and superworms. One disadvantage of dubia is that they will eat the powdered diet, grow too large for the gecko to eat, and potentially survive undetected for months in a large vivarium, living on pilfered gecko food.
Crickets can simply be released into the vivarium for the gecko to find on its own.

Visit our friends