Help with hinged screen, crested gecko

Jenni76

Hey all, new to forum. This is long, sorry. I have my crested gecko in a 55 gallon tank sitting on its side so it’s tall rather than long. I moved gecko to this tank because the door on his converted glass cabinet tank would make a pop sound when I opened it and it freaked him out. So to get rid of that stress, I got him a new tank (couldn’t seem to fix problem on cabinet) Now I’m running into issues with the screen on the new tank. The 55 gallon tank has a plastic bar running thru the middle of the opening for support which keeps the screen from sitting flush. So the top part of screen closes tight and again I’m running into issues opening and closing the tank. Again freaking out gecko. I’m looking for any advice from someone who might also have a 55 gallon tank for a crested gecko and what they use as a screen door or any door that sits properly with the support bar. Hope this makes sense. I attached photo for reference. Thanks so much

Attachments

• 2006C11E-8BF5-468A-B0A7-ECA7B4C95B2B.jpeg
    2006C11E-8BF5-468A-B0A7-ECA7B4C95B2B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Geckofan.me

The

Fluker Labs 55-Gallon Pet Habitat Metal Screen Cover (12”x48”)​

is also available on walmart's online store and is much cheaper but won't let me send link for this one:(

Last edited:

Visit our friends