Help with identification

PaysonHobbyist

Hello all,

I am wondering if I can get some help with the identification of this leopard gecko. I am thinking of adopting her. I was told they don't know her morph or lineage but they think she is a high white jungle. I cannot find anything on a "high white" morph. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• 3733753-1582683150-404328.jpg
    3733753-1582683150-404328.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5

LoveReps

I have never heard the term "high white" unless they were just describing the color of the morph. That doesn't look anything like a jungle to me. Jungles usually have bolder patterns. It looks kinda like a mack snow ghost but the spots look alot darker. You might need a second opinion on this. Do you know if she was test bred for genetics? If so there's really no way to tell the exact morph unless you contact the breeder and they don't usually release any information on test bred geckos that aren't going to be used for breeding purposes specifically for that reason.

Last edited:

PaysonHobbyist

Thank you. I thought the same when they told me that. It didn't look like jungle and I couldn't find the High White. We thought snow too but have no idea what else. Any other ideas? Thanks.

LoveReps

I mean I am quite sure she has hypo in her. I am unsure about the whiter coloration though. I can't say she is 100% hypo because they are more yellow/orange in coloration. Now I'm curious.. Have you met this gecko in person and is that the only picture you have? I'm thinking she might've been ready for a shed in that picture if thats all you have.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
"hypo" refers to having 10 or fewer body spots. I'd say she qualifies there. "Jungle" refers to having broken body and tail bands but not to the extent that there's a stripe look. It's hard to tell whether she's a jungle or not since she has so few spots to judge from. Many hypos are also tangerines, but I think a gecko can be hypo and not tangerine. She could be a Mack snow but there's no way to know for sure. She does have white on her sides that goes up quite a ways, which is a feature of W&Y (white and yellow) but I'd hesitate to label her that without more information. Maybe someone who is experienced with that morph could weigh in.

Aliza

PaysonHobbyist

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I only have the one picture and am thinking of going to visit her and look. I was just wondering if anyone knows better what I am looking at before I do that.

Without being able to know more about her genetics I think I am going to pass on her. As tempting as it is to explore more and try to prove her out, I am not sure I am ready for that big of a project. Thank you all for your help.

LoveReps

I suppose It's for the best. It's preferred that you look for leopard geckos that come from trusted breeders if you're looking to breed. They will have all the information regarding the geckos genetic background. Wish you luck.

Visit our friends