Help !!

Marshall055

My leopard gecko has recently shed , it had a bit of shed stuck round her eye lid making it hard for her to close her eye so it was watering a lot and she was constantly licking her eye , I checked up on her in the morning and she managed to get it off , there’s no shed left stuck on her however she is still having eye problems , constantly watering and it seems she can’t open it as much as her other eye and it is clear it’s not as big and healthy looking as her other eye , what shall I do ?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
See if she'll let you pull open her lid a little to find out if there is a tiny piece of stuck shed under her eyelid. If so, use a tweezers to pull it out. I was originally pretty scared of using a tweezers so near the gecko's eye, but it's been fine. You can also gently wash out the eye with a q-tip dipped in a little hydrogen peroxide. Keep an "eye" on her and give her a few days to recover.

Aliza

Marshall055

See if she'll let you pull open her lid a little to find out if there is a tiny piece of stuck shed under her eyelid. If so, use a tweezers to pull it out. I was originally pretty scared of using a tweezers so near the gecko's eye, but it's been fine. You can also gently wash out the eye with a q-tip dipped in a little hydrogen peroxide. Keep an "eye" on her and give her a few days to recover.

Aliza
Ok thank you !

Visit our friends