Here is a rant...

Gregg M

Registered Member
Why are people so paranoid about their geckos being injured in their cages??? Seriously, like any reptile would be in danger if it fell a whole 16 inches... I swear, the next thread I see that says anything like,"my leo fell off his hide, I think he might have broken bones..." I am going to suggest they glue cotton balls on all the hard surfaces in the cage... LOL:main_thumbsup:

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

Just Because

I would recommend ... parachutes.:D

Gregg M are you asking a serious question or just venting a Rant?

I would think that you have to consider a lot of different variables to come up with an answer to your question.

As for me, I could come up with several good reasons.

But, mostly it is "Just Because.":D

So Long Until Tomorrow!:main_thumbsup:

Crazygecko

geesh and I was hell bent on lining all my tubs with Bubble wrap so my poor little geckos wouldnt hurt themselfs. Especial when they miss there food and strike there cage. poor little geckos might hurt themselfs. lol

2bacop

Why are people so paranoid about their geckos being injured in their cages??? Seriously, like any reptile would be in danger if it fell a whole 16 inches... I swear, the next thread I see that says anything like,"my leo fell off his hide, I think he might have broken bones..." I am going to suggest they glue cotton balls on all the hard surfaces in the cage... LOL:main_thumbsup:

All right I obviously know you are talking about my post, the thing is as a new owner I have no idea how fragile gecko bones are. I know that a hamster could have easily broken its spine from hitting the glass and falling like mine did because I have seen it happen before. I'm not trying to start anything dont get me wrong, but I care for my gecko soooo much and if she did have any injury's I wanted to know what to look for. I think you confused paranoia with a new gecko owner making sure that there gecko gets the best care and stays in the best of health.

P

Pepper

Yeah, I get worried sometimes since I've never had a Leo before, and he is so tiny, I hate to see him full on smack into the glass, at least to me if I did that it would be painful!

Eventually I realize he's okay, but it's still quite worrying, especially afterward when he has a lump on his side haha, that just might be poo!! I hope it is, I haven't checked today :p

Haligren

is behind you.
I'm one to talk though. I'm pretty overly concerned about the safety and health of my gecko sometimes. (I'm sure everyone's noticed my posts about "ZOMGZ TEH LIZRD IS NAWT EATIN!!". :main_laugh:)

Riyo

Pet Human
For many of us here on the forum this is our first line of defense for our geckos (and other herps). Having a second, third, fourth (etc) opinion and so on can not only help us save vet visits and stress, but also offers the opportunity to learn. I'm thankful that people are concerned about their geckos and want other opinions and it shouldn't be discouraged. Just my .02

kyahbean

Puzzle is my 2nd love.
Speaking as a paranoid gecko owner, I have to say if Puzzle fell from somewhere high (not that there is anywhere for him to fall from) I would freak out! I'm perfectly fine with being accused of paranoia and overprotection, because I know it's true!

I'm sure this will subside as I have him for longer and get to know him more, but really, you have to understand that as a new pet owner it's perfectly normal to worry. Me? I worry too much. This I know. But I also know I'm not the only one, so it can't be all that terrible.

Gregg M

Registered Member
All right I obviously know you are talking about my post.

LOL... It was not just your post... Please do not take offence to this thread... It is just something I have seen over the years in this and many forums... It just strikes me as a bit funny, thats all...:main_thumbsup:

P

Pepper

Yeah it seems when you over react about something, its nothing, like that bump on my baby leo's side...yeah, it was poop, heh.

But when you don't react about something, things can go wrong.

kyahbean

Puzzle is my 2nd love.
But when you don't react about something, things can go wrong.

Exactly. I'd rather be overreacting over something silly and feel dumb about that than not react about something and have my pet get sick because I was too lax about what could or could not be wrong.

2bacop

LOL... It was not just your post... Please do not take offence to this thread... It is just something I have seen over the years in this and many forums... It just strikes me as a bit funny, thats all...:main_thumbsup:

Oh dont get me wrong I'm not upset or anything and I def. didn't take offense I was just saying that as a new gecko owner it is a good thing to worry. :D

Visit our friends