Here we go again, folks...

JordanAng420

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/fl-wildlife-trade-20101130,0,5936215.story

"Several states are considering limits on ownership of some species. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission plans next year to consider ways to control several species, such as tegu lizards, monitors and black spiny-tailed iguanas.

"We're going to START with the larger lizards," said Hardin, the commission's non-native species coordinator. "They're big in the trade, and we have abundant evidence they can survive in Florida."

If they're "starting" with the larger lizards, assuming they mean an all out ban, imagine the posibilities to follow. Scary stuff. I hate Florida. :main_thumbsdown:

fl_orchidslave

Once again, we will fight a good fight. When a dog kills a child, it's a story buried within a few days. Let someone find a big lizard in their yard, it becomes a government issue. Bleh.

Thanks for posting the article link :)

JordanAng420

I really hate how they brought one of my friends names, a local breeder, into this poorly written, biased, crappy article. :furious3:

Visit our friends