Hey lookit us!

Weiand

New additions to the "mini zoo" in the house.
2 are stil small, like young juvi's, the other like late teenage stage.

Just sharing pics and looking to confirm or correct my thoughts on their morph's.

The first, I'm going with Super Snow. Nice lines of black dots, purple hue, solid black eyes. Seems to just scream
Super Snow.

Second, I'm seeing the making of a Hypo since is a bit older. Got some tangerine on the tail still. Had light hint of bands
but seem to be fading more. The eyes, from what I found looking up, look to be Mack Snow eyes.
Kinda going with a Hypo of some variant or 'mebbe even a Super Hypo. with what I find to be really groovy eyes, that may or may not be Mack Snow eyes.
Unless will turn into a variant of a patternless...

Thrid, Again, seeing a few things, or at least I feel a few things. Seems to have the starting of a stripe or bold stripe.
Almost like is working on a Bandit with what looks like could turn into the prom. line on the nose. Again, eyes that resemble
Mack Snow eyes. Unless I'm just seeing those two wrong.

So either I'm fairly close on them or got it way totally wrong. I'm sure a guru here will be able to quickly correct me if
I am seeing what is not there.

Thank you, please drive thru and bring crickets.

Attachments

• Lucifer 03.jpg
    Lucifer 03.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Lucifer 04.jpg
    Lucifer 04.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1
  • Hel 01.jpg
    Hel 01.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Hel 02.jpg
    Hel 02.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1
  • B 01.jpg
    B 01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1
  • B 02.jpg
    B 02.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • B 03.jpg
    B 03.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, the first one is a super snow.
I'd call the second one super hypo (no body spots) tangerine (orange colored) carrot tail (a little marginal on how much orange, but you could call it that) baldy (no head spots) which is SHTCB for short
The third one definitely has stripe on the body. I can't see the tail in the picture. If the bands on the tail are intact then technically it's not a stripe and is usually called aberrant (broken bands on body or tail but not both). Technically only geckos that can be documented as part of the bandit line are bandits.

Eyes: The solid colored eye is, as you can see, a character trait of super snow but also is a trait of the eclipse gene. It's hard to see the eyes in the pictures. If the other two both really have solid black eyes they have the eclipse gene.

Aliza

Weiand

Thanks for the confirm on those.
the SHTCB had a lot going on there for sure.

full tail shot on the the stripe

The eyes on the other two aren't solid black but black with the serpent like slit.
My understanding was the super snow had the solid black whilst the mack had the black with the slit.
An again, i could be wrong on that.

Attachments

• Loki 03.jpg
    Loki 03.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The Mack snow usually has normal eyes, which can be a bit more charcoal colored than green sometimes. The eclipses and super snows have solid black eyes, solid red eyes if they're albinos. There is a morph which is a super snow eclipse and obviously it's really hard to tell whether the black eyes are eclipse eyes as well. Many eclipse geckos have white "stockings" and noses, so that's a good sign. I produced some of those a number of years ago.
The gecko in the picture looks to have a normally banded tail, so technically it's probably an aberrant rather than a stripe, but with a body stripe so prominent, I would feel comfortable calling it a stripe (and you could always add "with a banded tail).

Aliza

Weiand

Maybe I'll be able to tell a bit better as they grow a bit. The SHTCB is pretty close to full grown now, so I don't expect much change in that one. The stripe, is pretty young and small. Will just have to watch an see if / what changes happen.
Thanks for the info

Visit our friends