Hi :)

molly_m

Hey, I don't really know how this works but I have two female leopard geckos and I have never had any form of reptile before so very new to this, but I was wondering if someone could give me advice on how to stop crickets from escaping? Thanks x

alphakenc

Hey, I don't really know how this works but I have two female leopard geckos and I have never had any form of reptile before so very new to this, but I was wondering if someone could give me advice on how to stop crickets from escaping? Thanks x
If u are not to afraid to break their hind legs .that should do the escape control a bit..lol..just be very careful cause the hind legs can be sharp.
Or u can put only few cricket in there so the two female leo can catch them all without extra cricket survive n escape...:)

molly_m

If u are not to afraid to break their hind legs .that should do the escape control a bit..lol..just be very careful cause the hind legs can be sharp.
Or u can put only few cricket in there so the two female leo can catch them all without extra cricket survive n escape...:)
Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum! So far, you're doing everything right with posting. Can you give a few more details about where the crickets are escaping from?

Aliza
Thanks! Whenever I transfer them from the box they come in into a larger cage or when I take them out to feed the geckos I just can’t seem to stop them

alphakenc

U probably need to dump the cricket in a big tote box container..so this way they can stay all in there n u can put some toilet paper roll n egg crates for them to hide...just take few out to feed ur gecko whenever in their feeding time...plz dont forget to gutload the crickets so ur gecko can get the best nutrition values in them...btw welcome to the forum:D

molly_m

U probably need to dump the cricket in a big tote box container..so this way they can stay all in there n u can put some toilet paper roll n egg crates for them to hide...just take few out to feed ur gecko whenever in their feeding time...plz dont forget to gutload the crickets so ur gecko can get the best nutrition values in them...btw welcome to the forum:D
Thank you!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Moving crickets from box to cage: use the suggestion above, or dump them into a plastic bag, or make a hole in the box and shake them in
Moving crickets from cage to use for feeding: get a 320z deli cup (the tall deli cups). Holding it at the bottom of the cage, shake the egg crate (which hopefully you're using for the crickets to stand on) to get the crickets into the deli cup. It's too high for them to jump out of and you should be able to get them from the cup into the gecko cage with no problem.
Aliza

molly_m

Moving crickets from box to cage: use the suggestion above, or dump them into a plastic bag, or make a hole in the box and shake them in
Moving crickets from cage to use for feeding: get a 320z deli cup (the tall deli cups). Holding it at the bottom of the cage, shake the egg crate (which hopefully you're using for the crickets to stand on) to get the crickets into the deli cup. It's too high for them to jump out of and you should be able to get them from the cup into the gecko cage with no problem.
Aliza
Thank you so much!

Visit our friends