Housing male and female AFTs

PACOSGECKOS

Hi just joined the forums. I have just purchased a natural aberrant pattern male aft. In the spring I would like to get a white out and a tangerine albino females. Is this combo ok to house together or will I have eggs all the time.

Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you house a male with females you will get eggs. You may choose not to incubate them and they won't hatch. It's kind of a shame though, to have the female putting out resources to produce and lay eggs and then not having there be any return.

Aliza

EverEvolvingExotics

You will more than likely end up with over-bred females. Are you getting proven breeder females, sub-adults, or hatchlings? If they are too young your females will be in danger. I recommend having separate enclosures for all three of them. Co-housing can and is done, either way you will want a spare enclosure in case one or more of them begin fighting.

PACOSGECKOS

I'm thinking about getting sub-adults. I will house the females separately. I agree apart I don't want females to produce eggs for nothing. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
Welcome to the forums! I love Aberrants as well.. nice choice!

Good information already provided. I would only add that I would make sure if you bought two females to try and live together you should get them as close to the same age/weight as possible.. Some are laid back and get along. Others are very aggressive and mean.. especially as they develop and become of age to breed.. even without a male around.

Goodluck!

Visit our friends