how do you house YOUR leos

How do you house your leos

• Total voters

Herbiebug

I'm looking in to PVC cages at the moment. I want to get one or two more leos (for a total of three) and am thinking an extra wide tank with two front doors and a divided interior would be cool. So, say 36" wide by 24" deep, divided in half to make two separate side-by-side 18" x 24" enclosures.

There's a small company in my city that makes these on custom order so I will probably talk to them about pricing and such. That'll be a project for next summer, i think.

DadCoy

This is the setup for my 2 tangerines and the "normal" I rescued. it had no toes on any foot from bad sheds, and I just couldn't stand seeing it in the pet store anymore so I offered the owner $25(he had $60 on it). 1 male tangerine, 1 female tangerine and the rescue is a female. This is my display "Pet" tank. I have a dozen eggs in incubator, I am going to be keeping the 2 best females and purchasing a male that is hatched sometime this season, hopefully a giant raptor to add to the tangerine line. Haven't fully decided yet.
Oh, forgot to add that it is a bioactive setup, has been up and running for a few months now and the Leo's couldn't be happier, digging their "burrows" and "Hunting" their prey. It is awesome to watch them as if they were in the wild, in one pic you can see "Klaus"(male) drinking water from the cactus leaves....

image3.jpg image22.jpg image11.jpg

Last edited:

warhawk

I used glass tanks for a long time but I did move over to a rack system with plastic bins. I like it a lot better that way but I have a few older Leos that are still in their glass tanks and I don't think I will move them that's their home.

wicked gecko

So far we have 2 juveniles each in there own 10 gallon set up. Was originally planning on 20 gallon long tasks as next step but may look into building or own terrariums more. Russ

gassnake85

Here's Eddy in his bachelor pad:

8ad9bdcd0338a29260184eefd44d5f12.jpg

94120c79cf4cad8f4aef4389641f2dbb.jpg

a6da1e2dbb2e1aaa214220b6d44f6b7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigressSnow

I have my pet only Leo's (pet store ones) in 10 gallon for the one, and a 30 gallon (tall though, floor space of a 20gal) for my inseparable boy and girl(long story short, he lost is brother, was introduced to her and they live very happily. No fights or breeding actually, I believe she is a hot female as she has never ovulated and is 46 grams) anyways. And my breeder Leo's are in 3sq ft floor space tubs in a rack system :) we were considering upgrading to tanks but it actually gives them less space to turn. :)

BigWinnie

Hi guys. I've got 2 leopard geckos. The size of the cage is 80x30x40cm. I have a question about lighting because I'm not sure about that, so please help. I'd like to buy an Exo terra Compact Top Mini with a Daytime Heat lamp. Average temp in my room is about 24-25°C. Which lamp should I choose? 15W/25W or bigger? And give this lamp enough light as well? I thought I stick a LED strip around the cage into my shelf. So what do you think, LED strip+daytime heat lamp will be OK?

Christywoowoo

Hi guys. I've got 2 leopard geckos. The size of the cage is 80x30x40cm. I have a question about lighting because I'm not sure about that, so please help. I'd like to buy an Exo terra Compact Top Mini with a Daytime Heat lamp. Average temp in my room is about 24-25°C. Which lamp should I choose? 15W/25W or bigger? And give this lamp enough light as well? I thought I stick a LED strip around the cage into my shelf. So what do you think, LED strip+daytime heat lamp will be OK?

I usually strongly recommend using no lamps whatsoever. Leopard geckos should never be under heat lamps and should get their heat from an under-tank heat mat. A dim red light to view your gecko with little to no heat emission is arguable. Daytime heat lamps can seriously burn your geckos!

Christywoowoo

20161230_102506.jpg

Also here is my current set up in my main tank x3 the water dispenser was a Christmas gift and so far it works pretty well.

Visit our friends