How long did it take for your new gecko to eat?

How long did it take for your last new gecko to eat its first meal?

• Same day!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 1 - 2 days

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 3 - 7 days

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 7 - 14 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14 - 21 days

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 21+ days

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Evastia

It's been a week since I got my first gecko. According to everything I've read, my husbandry (wife-ery?) is fine, and I know some people have had their geckos for weeks without their first meal. I just thought I'd ask and see how/when I should start to get really worried about her.

I have left her alone for this first week, and for several days I had black paper taped on all four sides of her vivarium. I only yesterday removed the paper from just one of the sides. I have been offering her mealies every night for the past couple nights by just dropping them next to her. If she doesn't eat them, I remove them. Also, tonight was the first night I placed my hands next to her to try to get her used to me- she seemed to tolerate me well. :)

Evastia

SHE ATE!!!! WOOHOO!!! It's 4 am where I am, by the way. I just got on my laptop in bed to check something and I heard a clunk in her cage, my clever girl finally found her dish and ate. :) SO RELIEVED! I'm going to leave this poll up instead of deleting it, though, I think it my be interesting and helpful.

vinnie-gecko

i bought my first baby gecko 3 weeks ago and it ate 10 crickets the night i got it. glad yours is eating now

Ghobot

Fed mine pretty soon after I brought it home, to give it a little compensation for the trauma that was the ride back from the store. It (not sure on the sex yet, still really young) has been eating pretty consistently ever since.

Visit our friends