How much and how often should I feed my adult leopard gecko?

JessJohnson87

I feed mine 3 roaches, 8 crickets, 10 mealworms, 2 wax worms maybe once a week, 1 or 2 hornworms when I get them. I alternate between those feeders and I feed 3 times a week, some do twice a week.

indyana

Totally depends upon weight/size. I feel most of my adults 2-3 times a week. If the gecko is getting too chubby, they may only get 1-2 larger insects or 10 mealworms twice a week. If the gecko needs to gain weight, they'll get 2-5 larger insects and a dish full of mealworms every other day. It's based on what the gecko will eat in a day or two. I basically don't want to see food still running around the cage on the next feeding night.

Neon Aurora

I agree, it depends on the individual. I don't like to see any of my geckos too fat. I have one female that gains weight so easily that I only feed her about 10 mealworms a week. Then I have another female that I'm battling with to get her to gain weight and I feed her a big bowl-full of mealies (about 20) every day.

So you'll probably want to experiment. Decide what your geckos ideal weight is and try to keep it there. As a rough estimate, I like my females in the 60-70 gram range (unless they are breeding, then they can be as fat as they want) and my males in the 80-90 gram range. Deciding where they are in that range depends on their size (i.e., larger males will want to be closer to 90)

Kristof

My females get fed every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. My new male is yet to be on a schedule (Got him like 8 days ago) but he will probably be twice a week as he's super fat haha. I would agree and say it depends on the individual.

Visit our friends