How much bedding for live plants?

biggiy05

Determination
I want to put some live plants in my crested's setup. I have coca fiber with hydroton clay pebbles on the bottom. How many inches of bedding do I need for the plants?

Oh and any suggestions for plants to use would be great!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have about 2" of bedding. Pothos is good, bromiliads are good as long as you realize that once the flower dies the bromiliad is done and you have to break off the "pup" that will grow off the side and plant that and then wait **years** for it to bloom again. The book "Crested Geckos" by Adam Black has a bit about native New Caledonian plants (p.45). One that he recommends is a split-leafed plant "Epipremnum pinnatum" that I have in my crestie viv. It provides excellent coverage. To help it climb I got one of those fake vines, twisted it around in the cage and let the plant climb up it.

Aliza

biggiy05

Determination
I have about 2" of bedding. Pothos is good, bromiliads are good as long as you realize that once the flower dies the bromiliad is done and you have to break off the "pup" that will grow off the side and plant that and then wait **years** for it to bloom again. The book "Crested Geckos" by Adam Black has a bit about native New Caledonian plants (p.45). One that he recommends is a split-leafed plant "Epipremnum pinnatum" that I have in my crestie viv. It provides excellent coverage. To help it climb I got one of those fake vines, twisted it around in the cage and let the plant climb up it.

Aliza

Thanks Aliza! I'll do some research in the morning. I just came home from the ER so I'm exhausted. First time in 22 years I've gone by squad to the hospital.

Visit our friends