How to feed crickets?

daven

I'm sure this is basic knowledge for most, but I've just been feeding my two Leo's mealworms. The fact that they apparently chirp (tanks are in bedroom), can climb silicone (using converted aquariums), and some say can even bite the Leo's kept me away. But it seems its undeniable that a mealworm only diet is far from best nutritionally. So how do you guys feed them? Should I get lids for the tanks and suck up everything else? Keep a carrot in the tank as well to prevent nibbling on the Leo's? Do they actually make much noise at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It would be good to get lids for the enclosures anyway. It keeps leos in and other things out. These days when I feed crickets, I take out the furniture (to make hunting easier), put in 4-6 crickets per leo and leave them alone for about 20 minutes. Then I take out the crickets that aren't eaten. Juvenile crickets don't make noise. If you get 3/4" crickets, they will be mostly silent. No guarantee, though. My house sounds like a campground all the time. Try to enjoy it!

Aliza

Visit our friends