How to heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3ckosr4me

I am needing a rack and I might use those sterlite drawer cart thingies. How would you recomend I heat it... I thought I would use flexwatt but I am afraid it would fall in to the drawer below. So my question is, how would you heat it and keep it from falling into another drawer? Any input is greatly apreciated...

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Honestly, you might be better off building something or just buying an inexpensive rack. There's not a great way (that I know of) to heat something like that so you may waste money on setting it up and then have to switch to something else anyway.

snakegirl

If you are speaking of a Whole Plastic Drawer system, Something that you use to storage a wide Range of items in. i don't think it would be the best thing to use. They have no real Lid, As you know the Higher drawer simply covers the lower ones and acts like a lid. you could have high escape rates because the plastic is Easy to move to make a wider gap and get out (i had over 5 brake outs even with ADULTS) As for heating there isn't a very clear way. in fact i didn't even heat mine, because if you Place your wire and tape it...there is no way to open the unit without ripping the wires off or if you can it will not be 100% with the heat even reaching the reptile. Over all i would build a real rack and stick with plastic bins. there worth it in the end! i hope this helps and good luck.

rack system i built and love it!
IMG_4536.jpg

g3ckosr4me

I am not even going to bother using these I am going to build something... It sounds easier now and there is no point in having something store bought if it doesnt work,lol

An admin can close this thread there is no point in having it open....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends