humid hide size

milha

Hi all,

What it the appropriate size for a humid box for AFTs around 3 months, and once they get adult which size should be used? How much substrate at the bottom, 1" would be enough?

thanks?

scarlett1784

Hi!
You're going to get different answers from different people, but I'll tell you my setup.

I have a 1 year 4 month old fat tail and his humidity hide is a 2 cup/ 473ml square rubbermaid container turned with the lid on the bottom and a rectangular cut out for entry on one side. I use about 1/3 cup of moist moss which gives him about .5 to 1 inch. I'll try to get you a picture if I can figure out how to. I spray the moss every day and change it about every 2-4 weeks depending on it's condition. He has had no problems shedding.

He's a healthy 9 inches and around 63 grams if I remember correctly. He fits in there fine and loves to curl up, dig around and rearrange the moss. He spends a fair amount of time in there so I imagine he likes it just fine.

In the end it's up to you what you use, but I find that a tubberwear container with a rectangle cut out and some moist moss works great and is cheap and very quick and easy to clean.

Attachments

• P1030175A.jpg
    P1030175A.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 9

scarlett1784

Despite what it looks like, he fits in there fine. He just likes to hang his feet out and has been doing it ever since I got him at 4 inches long. This is from his earlier days

Attachments

• P1020853A.jpg
    P1020853A.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6

Visit our friends