Humidity help!

Logan _theLeo

I got a hygrometer from petco and its reading 70%! This is when I first set up my emclosure not the only difference is there's only fake plants and a few other accesories. Any ideas on how I can lowrr humidity?

Attachments

• Message_1565981349595.jpg
    Message_1565981349595.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 6

LoveReps

The easiest way to reduce the humidity would be to decrease the size of the water bowl, use a dehumidifier if you have one, or increase airflow in the cage. From the looks of it, the water bowl might be your issue. If you change out the bowl or add less water to it, I would also move it to the cold side if it isn't already to reduce water evaporation.

Logan _theLeo

The easiest way to reduce the humidity would be to decrease the size of the water bowl, use a dehumidifier if you have one, or increase airflow in the cage. From the looks of it, the water bowl might be your issue. If you change out the bowl or add less water to it, I would also move it to the cold side if it isn't already to reduce water evaporation.
Ok I'll try that

Logan _theLeo

I took out a large portion of the water (until I eventually buy a new small bowl) and the humidity is slowly going down:)

Attachments

• 20200404_114629.jpg
    20200404_114629.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200404_114624.jpg
    20200404_114624.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1

Visit our friends