Humidity

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In all honesty, I don't worry about humidity in my leopard gecko cages. I live in New England with no AC. In the winter it's very dry and in the summer it can be quite humid (except for this summer where we had a drought). As long as the cage isn't drenched, it's not worth worrying about. By the same token, crested geckos and gargoyle geckos are supposed to be able to tolerate a maximum of 80 degrees or so. If they lived 24/7 in a 90 degree environment, it could be a big problem. In reality, they all suffered through a week or 2 of 90+ heat (as did I) and we all did fine.

Aliza

KatieG

Thank you!! My leopard gecko tank is reading 57% and my african fat tailed geck is reading 68% I've been doing all of the little things i see on the internet but its not really helping. The tanks aren't drenched though and my babies seem normal. I live in a very wooded area and a river about a football field and a half from my house. Normally its fine but we've had so much rain and it don't seem to be stopping for a few days. Ill stop making myself crazy over it i just hope it don't go up much higher.

BLUSH50

Leos are likely like, Yay! no dehydration let's
get moving:)

crested geckos and gargoyle geckos are supposed to be able to tolerate a maximum of 80 degrees or so.

I know that this isn't rue based on an experience I had with one. The story goes like this:
His owner was frustrated because he complained the crested gecko had poor appetite and wasn't very active. I recommended a heat source but by then she had lost interest in the little one. Well I end up taking him till I could find him a good home. All it took was a low watt CHE and he " woke up". The thermostat was set to 85f. This was the highest temp during that month in New Caledonia(based on a website). The rest of the enclosure was lower though. It was obvious he enjoyed 83° based on his hang out.

Back to the leopard geckos, I agree they will be fine.

Visit our friends