Hungry gecko

Ve79

I have a leopard gecko that seems hungry and is happily eating wax worms but not her locusts. She seems happy, healthy and active. Any suggestions? TIA

Ve79

Thanks! Still quite new to being a reptile owner!! I’m fine with dogs and rabbits!!

Gecko Lover22

Wax worms are meant for treats try different staple insects maybe try banded crickets or Black soldier Fly larvae and Silk worms and Dubia Roaches they're all great staples and a healthier treat is Hornworms they're hydrating a low in fat occasionally feeding wax worms is fine just not all the time ir a ton at a time they're extremely high in fat . But make a nice treat occationally .

DJ2020

I have a leopard gecko that seems hungry and is happily eating wax worms but not her locusts. She seems happy, healthy and active. Any suggestions? TIA
I have 2 that seem to be the same way. At first they went after the crickets then I guess when I fed the meal worms they got lazy lol. I feed wax worms sometimes, I was told that they fill them up fast and you don’t have to feed as much or often.

Visit our friends