Hypos

LeosForLess

I have seen people selling geckos that arent super hypo, may have 3-4 spots, as super hypos. Even if there is a possibility of it going super, shouldnt it still be sold as a hypo? And selling babies as super hypos?
And what about selling yellow geckos as tangerines?

BalloonzForU

I believe, if you know for sure one IS going to be Super Hypo I have no problem with calling it a SH even if it still has a couple of spots. Tang and Yellow, it's hard to say. Some are yellowish some are tangish, and they can be the same color. Don't forget that some photos don't show tang all that well, and some show more tang than is really there.

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Well, I know I've read before that some say SH have 5 spots or less. I personally am in the NO SPOTS boat. How could one KNOW it was going to be a SH? One could say SH line which could be said fo rthe tang issue...
X

BalloonzForU

If it's still very young and has only a few spots, most likely within a few more sheds those spots will be gone. Now if we are talking about an adult, and it has spots now way, it's not SH.

L

LadyGecko

So going along with what you guys are saying-is this a super hypo and would you add the "baldy" onto it or is that even necessary in a description of a SH??

orangeblossom5arr2.png

orangeblossom1cx9.jpg

Thanks

Sandy

brandy101010

I think if a gecko has even a small amount of spots it should be sold as hypo. You could say in the discription that the gecko will most likely turn super hypo. The tang thing really gets on my nerves. now more then ever that I am stuck with dial up LOL! If I am looking for a Tangerine and I click on an add that says Tangerine I want to see an orange gecko. not a yellow gecko with a carrot tail or with some slight orange on it's leg. which alot of people are still calling tangerines.

Visit our friends