I am so MAD! They're using my photo!

JordanAng420

Just came across this website and one of the pictures looked familiar...maybe it's because it's MY photo that I took?

Granted, they didn't put their copyright on my photo, which was nice (I guess?) however they never bothered to contact me to use it!!! Ugh!!!

Here is MY photo. That I took.

stool.jpg

Here is the site...scroll down until you see all the pictures of leopard gecko poop...mine is the one that's labeled "undigested mealworms and blood clot"

http://sleepydeegeckos.webs.com/health.htm

and in case they happen to erase it (because I DID send them an email) here is a screenshot

bcpic-1.png

I'm just super stressed out lately...and this really doesn't help!!! Maybe i'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I am REALLY p/o'ed that no one bothered to even send me a little note saying "hey, i'd really like to use your pic as an example on my website"

Last edited:

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I think it would be helpful to people if they were able to leave it there, as long as they give credit where credit is due ;).

I know exactly how you feel though, someone used a photo that I took to sell tuff on ebay! So I totally know where youre coming from.

They really should have asked first.

If they give you credit for the photo, will it be able to stay?

JordanAng420

More the reason to Watermark your Pictures

I really didn't think I needed to water mark a picture of bloody vomit and undigested mealworms.

I think it would be helpful to people if they were able to leave it there, as long as they give credit where credit is due ;).

I know exactly how you feel though, someone used a photo that I took to sell tuff on ebay! So I totally know where youre coming from.

They really should have asked first.

If they give you credit for the photo, will it be able to stay?

It can stay I guess...when you put it that way, it does seem quite helpful. I'm just mad that they blatantly used my picture without a simple "hey, do you mind if I use this?"

robin

if the photo is taken by you technically you do not have to have a watermark. it is your photo, owned by you.you have all rights to it AND the right to ask them to take it down and if not take legal action.

so watermark or not you have full rights to the photo.

JordanAng420

You know...now that I think about it, it's really NOT that helpful.
Because if they BOTHERED to contact me, I would have informed them that it is VOMIT, not feces.

And robin, thanks for the tip. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can understand how annoying this is. We have had it happen once or twice on Gecko Time that we unintentionally published a photo on our site without crediting it and discovered that fact after publication. You may ask how that's possible. My co-editor is the one who deals with the graphics (I'm mentioning that in case I get some of the details wrong) and he was using a site that provides pictures. Based on his research, all the pictures on the site are cleared to be used, but somehow someone's picture ended up there without his permission. We immediately contacted the person in question, explained what had happened, asked if we could use the picture if we properly credited it (he gave permission) and gave him all the info we had about where we'd gotten the picture from originally so he could deal with them.

My point is that it's possible that somehow this site has unknowingly used your picture when they shouldn't have. Hopefully they will respond quickly and to the right thing.

Aliza

SleepyDee

My point is that it's possible that somehow this site has unknowingly used your picture when they shouldn't have. Hopefully they will respond quickly and to the right thing.
thankyou Aliza ~ this is what happened and it's a shame that the OP didn't await a reply to the email she sent me early this morning before posting here as as I explained in my reply sent this morning (as soon as I read my emails) I did state that I was very sorry to hear this was their photo and that it was sent to me when I asked for feacal pictures quite a while ago on another forum and the donor didn't say where they got it from.
Where possible I do usually make a point of asking permission and crediting any pictures not mine.... further I have said that the picture in question would be removed asap which it has been

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
it's a shame that the OP didn't await a reply to the email she sent me early this morning before posting here as as I explained in my reply sent this morning (as soon as I read my emails) I did state that I was very sorry to hear this was their photo and that it was sent to me when I asked for feacal pictures quite a while ago on another forum and the donor didn't say where they got it from.
Where possible I do usually make a point of asking permission and crediting any pictures not mine.... further I have said that the picture in question would be removed asap which it has been

So... you collected a photo, didn't bother to verify its origins* before using it, uncredited, on your website... where it was mislabeled no less... and you have the audacity to write a post talking about what a shame it is that the owner was irritated?

You were clearly in the wrong here, with a blatant violation of her intellectual property rights and not a single goddamn thing you can say in your defense will change that. Trying to twist it around so that you are viewed as the victim and she the aggressor for wanting it fixed and being angry that it happened at all is simply contemptible. You were irresponsible in collecting photos. You were violating international copyright law on your website.** You are the one who owes her a profound and sincere apology, with no backtalk, caveats, excuses or attempts to justify your act of theft.

"It's a shame" indeed. Utterly reprehensible is what it is and I'm not talking about her anger or choice to let the world know what kind of website you're running over there.

*the "where possible " and "usually" you used there also implies that sometimes you don't... but use them anyway.

**which, given your response here, clearly needs to be seriously reviewed to see how many other photos you have "mistakenly" stolen from other people

Edit: Not uncredited. It would have been uncredited, except the bottom of every damn page on that domain has a statement of ownership, making it far more severe a transgression that naive reproduction.

The information written on my website and in my various care sheets has been gathered
through my own personal experiance and research over the years ~
Please do not use or replicate any information or photographs without permission ~ thankyou

Last edited:

im faster

Should Slow Down
Please do not use or replicate any information or photographs without permission ~ thankyou

WOW!!! That is all...

Pretty impressive you have been to Pakistan to take the pictures and had every medical condition possible...

you really shouldnt take credit for things that arent yours

Last edited:

JordanAng420

Please provide a link to the forum and thread where you were given permission to use my photo on your website, as an example of feces.

Visit our friends