I CANNOT BELIEVE ....

DAWNoftheLEO

That some stupid low-life with no money or respect would come to a reptile show and steal a *BLEEPING* enigma.... I feel as bad for the gecko as I do for the vendor and wonderful people this happened to...I dunno what else to say... but... let someone try that when i'm vending... :main_thumbsdown:

dprince

Mod Squad Member
WHAAAAAAT?????!!!? Oh my gosh, that is TERRIBLE!! Some people have no class. Poor enigma, and poor vendor that it happened to. :(

Bad karma on that person. :(

N

Nigel4less

Anyways the Sykes are looking for that Enigma so Juan you need to post those Pictures ASAP!!!

N

Nigel4less

DAWNoftheLEO said:
That some stupid low-life with no money or respect would come to a reptile show and steal a *BLEEPING* enigma.... I feel as bad for the gecko as I do for the vendor and wonderful people this happened to...I dunno what else to say... but... let someone try that when i'm vending... :main_thumbsdown:

I`ll bring the Shot gun!!! No lost geckos on my watch ;)

dprince

Mod Squad Member
I am so sorry to hear this........the Sykes are wonderful people with beautiful enigmas. Please post pix so we can all keep an eye out. :main_yes:

DAWNoftheLEO

narbc1009.jpg

Poor lady...:eek:

lytlesnake

Border Patrol Penguin
So it was at the Anaheim show? Yeah, there's a ton of thieves here in Southern California. That is just really messed up. I wonder if it was someone who actually knew what it was, or they just grabbed it because it says $1,500? I can imagine the worried feeling of having an animal you raised being out there with somebody who would steal a gecko. Let's hope this person will take good care of the leo even though they can't control their kleptomaniac impulses. I hope that Enigma somehow turns up.

I think the show closes in about 4 hours today, but maybe I'll head down there right now and check it out. I was doing herp chores all day yesterday and didn't even realize the show was this weekend. I do need a male sunglow .......hmmmm? Perhaps I'll try and show up for a quick look. Had I known it was yesterday I would have gone and met some of you gecko heads. Next year for sure.

PrototypeGeckos

Please keep us updated on this, Steve and Debra are two of the nicest people you ever wanna meet, sorry this happened to anyone, especially them. I dont know how you can ever hunt down something like that after it happens, but hopefully something can be done!

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Do they have any safeguards at these shows? I guess if people want to be terrible, they'll find a way...........man, that is just terrible. :( I don't know the odds of finding something like a gecko, but I sincerely hope whoever is responsible is found and dealt with. :main_angry:

N

Nigel4less

The thing is I was also helping vend and the security told us to write receipts but they don't check them... Its stupid.com :(

Michael

man, sorry to hear that. I was at the show yesterday and got a Hypo Tangerine from them, they got some amazing geckos. I hope the gecko is found and return to its rightful owner

lytlesnake

Border Patrol Penguin
There should be much better security measures put in place.

Maybe no animals can leave the building until someone from a vendor's booth has verified the sale at the point of exit. This would be tedious and would require an extra person per booth, walkie talkies, etc... They could still be smuggled out in women's purses, if those are allowed.

A display case that does not allow for the deli cup to be removed without being unlocked by the vendor.

If you had deli cups with electronic tags, the thief could just remove the animal from the cup, so I guess that wouldn't work. Therefore the above ideas may be the only solution.

In the future, perhaps a tiny, harmless microchip id tag could be fed to each animal before the show!

paulnj

That is total BS!!!!!! I can honestly say somebody would be walking with a limp if I caught them!

Visit our friends