I finally bought a crested!

D

DontShootMe

Got my first crested today. Baby one I'll take pics of it looks like a dark harlequin. Ill have pics tonight. I heard there is a certain type of crestie food that someone makes can someone recommend it to me also I've been researching the crested gecko for about 2-3 months. If you guys can give me more links to like the best crested caresheet that covers everything would be great. I know most of the basics already on caring for them.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Congrats brian! Cresteds are so cool! I have found that Clarks Frugivorous Gecko Diet is the best out there. You can feed this to them and not have to feed them anything els. But I still feed them insects on occassion, and I also feed them a real fruit smoothie. I get bananas, mangos, strawberries (De-seed the strawberries), peaches, Plain Non-Fat Yogurt, and chicken or turkey baby food, and I blend all of this along with some Clarks and Calcium & Vitamins supplement. I make a whole blender full and freeze most of it in small tupperware and defrost when I need it.

My feeding schedule goes something like this:

Mon-Clarks
Tues-Super mixture
Wed-Clarks
Thurs-No Food
Fri-Clarks
Sat-Insects
Sun-Super Mixture

You can check out my Care Sheet for more info:
http://www.usageckos.com/info_crestedcs.html

Can't wait to see some pictures!

brandy101010

Congrats on the new addition! I Never had a crested so I can't help you on the info. But I would love to see pics of the little one!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm getting my first crested from Jeanne at the end of August to fill my new 12x12x18 exoterra tank. I can't wait.

Aliza

D

DontShootMe

Well this is my last crested I buy. Don't get me wrong I like him and all but I'm not crazy about it. I'll buy maybe one more to pair it up and breed it for fun but there is no comparison to leopard geckos. Leopard geckos seem to have so much more personality. It's like when I turn the lights on they all leave their hides and come to the front of the tub to greet me, I think that is so cool. This crested eats and sleeps and chills on the branch all day. I mean they are cool and easy to maintain but I wouldn't go as crazy with them as I am with leopards

Visit our friends