I finally got my sand boa :)

Dimidiata

Aspen? lol, they blend in well. Make sure your keeping the temps up. If you have any troubles convincing it to eat then rubbing the mouse on one of the leos hides seems to sent it well enough.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Aspen? lol, they blend in well. Make sure your keeping the temps up. If you have any troubles convincing it to eat then rubbing the mouse on one of the leos hides seems to sent it well enough.

Yeah, I'm using aspen.
Rubbing the mouse on a leos hide? Weird. How does that attract it?

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I was going to wait a couple days and put it in a tubberware container with the pinkie.
Do you think this would work? Do I need to sit and dangle? I hate dangling...

Dimidiata

Dangling my dear, they need movemnet so ive found, dont worry they arnt that bad, just make sure the mouse is warm or they will drop it.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Dangling my dear, they need movemnet so ive found, dont worry they arnt that bad, just make sure the mouse is warm or they will drop it.

So you remove yours to a container and dangle?
I dont want her to eat aspen. Ugh, I hate dangling. I jump.

Dimidiata

Yup. Actually i use tongs, hold its tail and lay on the floor of the container and twitch it, mine doesnt seem keen to launch upwards.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Snakes are pretty easy to look after, there shouldnt be any reason you wont be able to look after one :)
Less than a dollar a week!

Dimidiata

Maybe a vet check here an there, bedding changes and replace the UTH every now and then but honestly its FAR FAR less then leos.(depending on species)

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
My dad thinks every snake over one foot is long and he doesn't approve of the mice feeding even if he is the one that watches giant lizards take down live rabbits-.-

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
My dad thinks every snake over one foot is long and he doesn't approve of the mice feeding even if he is the one that watches giant lizards take down live rabbits-.-

I'm a vegetarian and I'm okay with it.
The f/t mice I buy are euthanized humanly.

Visit our friends