I finally hatched out my first Albino Mack Snow.

Albey

Monday morning when I was checking the incubators I was pleasantly surprised to find my first Albino Mack Snow had hatched. It was produced from a Mack Snow Het For Tremper Albino Male to a Mack Snow Het For Tremper Albino Female. Here are some pictures of it.

tralbms06_1_1.jpg

tralbms06_1_3.jpg

The clutch mate was a Mack Super Snow 66% Possible Het For Tremper Albino. Here is a picture of that one.

mssphtralb06_1_1.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the two of them together.

tralbmscl_1_1.jpg

tralbmscl_1_2.jpg

I hit on the two main traits that they can produce in the first clutch. Now if I can only hit on them combined. LOL

I know that quite a few people have hatched out Albino Mack Snow’s so for those of you that have, I have a question. As they grow does the white coloration stay white or does it yellow like the Mack Snow’s do. It sure would be great if they keep the white color.

I hope you enjoy the pictures,

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Congrats Albey! They are gorgeous!

I am so jealous of all you guys. I am still trying to get my females (Bell/Patternless/Stripe/Blizzard) to breed, nevermind hatching little beauties like those!

SteveGeckosEtc

Hi Albey,

Congrats! I have hatched snow albinos of all three strains, but so far no super snow albinos. I have enough eggs to hit the odds, so hopefully they are coming soon.

To answer your question, I think the amount of yellow they develop depends on the amount of yellow (or orange) in their lineage, just like the snows. I saw last year that if I bred snow x hypo tangerine the babies ended up really yellow, while babies from snow x normal ended up nice and white. The snow albinos I have hatched so far are showing the same. My RW snow came from really yellow patternless albinos, so even at 3 weeks old it is showing yellow. The giant albino snows I have hatched are nice and white (at the same age as the RW snow) because the giant albinos I used to produce this year's snow giant breeders were light colored.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Hey Albey, Congrats on the little ones. The male I hatched awhile back is starting to get some yellow now. Alot of the Macks had yellow, and I dont really see how the Albino ones would be any different. Darn, huh?:main_thumbsdown:

robin

very very nice albey they are beautiful!! the ghost albino has a very nice and unique pattern :)

Voodoo

The Comeback Kid!
Congrats Albey! :main_thumbsup:

Very cool little gecko!:main_cool3:

I haven't hit on the albino macks yet but my season is off to a slow start........thanks for letting us have a look!

Visit our friends