{old thread}

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I once had a gecko escape where the cage top was open about 2" but there was nothing for it to climb on to get out. So there's no corner or piece of furniture he could be wedged into? Some of the hides have twisty corners. I'm including the link to an article from Gecko Time about finding lost geckos. I've had a pretty good track record of finding geckos, once after 2 years!

Aliza

Leah_6666

I once had a gecko escape where the cage top was open about 2" but there was nothing for it to climb on to get out. So there's no corner or piece of furniture he could be wedged into? Some of the hides have twisty corners. I'm including the link to an article from Gecko Time about finding lost geckos. I've had a pretty good track record of finding geckos, once after 2 years!

Aliza
Fortunately the hide is 1 inch tall small for him to jump and get out. I have absolutely no idea what to do. He literally just went missing. Like 1 minute he was there and now he's just.....gone.

Wayne448

I "lost" mine a couple of weeks ago, only to find that she'd managed to crawl up behind the polystyrene "rocks" on the back (where the wires go, like a chimney!)...she came back down when she got hungry though.
Hope you find him soon.

My gecko wedged himself like six inches in a corner and willingly pinned himself behind it. He kept doing that and scaring the crud out of me. I eventually just moved the hide so far back that there was no space and stuck it there. So glad you found him!

Swaqqums

I had a gecko escape one time and I will never make the mistake I made again. It was a healthy baby and I barely cracked the tub of the 6qt tub just so it could get some more air (Dumb now that I think about it). And I come back maybe an hour later and it was gone. I had a panic attack and quickly started searching everywhere. After about 20 minutes there it was perfectly fine under the bed.

Visit our friends