I NEED HELP. My leopard gecko is sick.

Eddiew1974

I am a first time owner and I need some help. I bought the little guy on March 8th 2020 and on March 18th I find him laying on his back and breathing very slowly. He has also stopped eating. O took him to the vet and they gave him some meds and told me to keep him warm and the next couple of days were crucial. It's now the 20th and he still has not eaten. He is warm and in a clean aquarium. Any advice would be appreciated. Email me if you have to. [email protected]

LoveReps

It is not uncommon for geckos to refuse food while taking medications. Since its only been 2 days he is probably stressed. Give him time and he should resume eating. As long as he doesn't begin losing any fat in his tail he should be fine.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are some questions whose answers would be helpful : Where did you get the gecko from? Did the vet give you a diagnosis or just say that the next few days are crucial? What are the temperatures on the floor of the hot side? What kind of supplements are you using? Did you notice anything at all different before the gecko started looking really sick?
A picture would also be helpful if you have one from when you got the gecko.

Aliza

ppoulto

Hello there. I'm sorry your baby is not well. Please keep us updated on what you do and how it goes. I agree, 2 days of not eating is fine and to be expected. As per what has been advised above, keep an eye on the tail and if your baby is losing weight. A photo will really help people here provide you with additional info.

The temperature of the hides is vital. If you had had your baby for a while and were concerned as to its weight, I would recommend Carnivore supplement that you mix with water and force-feed. However, if your baby is stressed this should be a last resort.

Visit our friends