I need more leo advise!

L

leo21

Ok so my geckos were both impacted a few weeks ago and both completely stopped eating. So I did the warm water routine and olive oil, and now they're eating again but one is not pooping. Can anyone give me a description of what impaction looks like and what a normal tummy looks like? They have plenty of heat and bottom heat as well, they're on carpet too.

OneFootedAce

It would look like their stomach was bruised, it would be a deep purple and it would look like its internal. They would also look like they would be bloated it packed inside their stomachs

JordanAng420

It would look like their stomach was bruised, it would be a deep purple and it would look like its internal. They would also look like they would be bloated it packed inside their stomachs

But sometimes hepatic lipadosis can cause bloating and discoloration of the abdomen as well.

I wouldn't go by how it looks, personally. If the gecko goes for more than a couple weeks without making a poo, or shows other signs of pain or discomfort then i'd make an appointment to have a set of radiographs taken. It's the only way you can really tell if there is an impaction or not.

Visit our friends