I thought Gecko lost legs, he has his legs, my mistake

geckoqueen

I checked and it's feet that look very messed up, but the one leg is not moving too well, the other leg the gecko is trying to move..He opens his mouth when he tries to move. I thought he lost his legs but it was just the feet that are messed up. Yea it did look like he lost a leg..But when i check him last night i seen 2 legs.

As far as putting things in the tank when I moved it was a huge van I really don't think anything would have fallen and harmed the animal. It was bigger than a u haul.
Though yes I see now I should have taken everything out of the tank and when I move again, which wont be far I am taking everything out of the tanks.

I cried very hard last night watching that gecko try to move and I knew he was in pain. He might have to be put to sleep and yes I feel very very bad about this.

biggiy05

Determination
I'm sorry but how can you not tell if a gecko has lost it's legs or just it's feet? Especially since there was no blood.

As for putting him to sleep. If he can hardly move then yes he needs to be put down.

geckoqueen

Because when I looked it looked like his leg was missing.
Unless it grew back. I was very tired from the 2 day trip also..Anyway I looked at the gecko and he has sores on his legs. This gecko really has a will to live..What I am saying is when my dad said come here you need to see this, well the gecko looked dead. He was not even moving at all.
Well now the gecko is moving, not far but he is trying. I hate to put him down just yet. Maybe there is something I can still do to help? I hate to put to sleep just yet..He really wants to live..I mean here I thought the gecko was dead and he came out of it. Yes and for all those reading I learned a very important lesson here. One that will make me sad for a very long time and to never have anything in the tanks when I move..I never cried so hard in my life last night over that gecko.

F

Foreverandever

Geckos can regenerate a tail...I dont know about feet or legs?

I dont mean to be rude...but something just sounds weird about this

Riyo

Pet Human
The only part of the gecko's body that has the ability to regenerate is the tail.

It sounds like your gecko is in a lot of pain. I think the most humane thing is to put it to sleep.

Khrysty

Kasey's right...the most humane thing to do would be to put it to sleep, but if you think he can come back from this take him to a vet as soon as you can, get an exam, and have the vet prescribe some pain killers. Those are really your only options: put him on meds, or put him down.

I'm glad you learned your lesson, though.

If I may make a suggestion, go out and buy some kritter keepers. One for each gecko (assuming you don't put the hurt one down) and put them in there the next time you move. You could even keep them in a tupperware container or a shoe box. Just dont move with them in the tank. Keep them on your lap and dont even let them in the back with all of the furniture and stuff, ok? It's better for them that way. They're less likely to get hurt and less likely to get scared.

biggiy05

Determination
Best way to make people believe you is find a friend or family member with a camera and give us proof.

Khrysty

Please stop trolling. This is just getting really obnoxious.

I'm not sure she's trolling. As I said in her first post, there really is nothing to gain from this. Looks like this thread is just trying to clarify the confusion that the last one brought up.

Please be nice :)

Zynx_Keekeio

I have a few questions :)
please answer the questions you can by responding with the corresponding number by each question. Thank you.
1.Before you moved, did you notice if one gecko was beating up on the other?

2. Before you moved, was your gecko just now about to shed?

3. If not, how long had he had that stuck shed on his legs?

4. Did it look like the stuck shed was cutting off the circulation?

5. How was he acting weird before you left?

6. Did he have all his limbs before you left?

7. you say it looked like his legs were gone, is that because they were all black, bloody and shrivled up?

8. Did you pick up the gecko as soon as you saw him acting weird?

9. Did you realize it might be really hot in the "u-haul"?

10. If there was no blood, how could you not realize the leg was actually there?

11. Have you ever picked up your geckos?

12. Do you really look over and take care of your geckos everyday?
Cleaning there poop spots
Checking temperatures
Clean water
Moisten hide
renew moss

13. if so how is it you didn't notice the marks on his body before hand?

14. How long did they go in the back of that truck without being taken care of?

15. You say you drove for 2 days?

16. During that time did you not care for them?

17. exactly how did you find your geckos after the move?

18. Did you rush to get your geckos first thing, or did you just unload other stuff, not rushing to make sure they were okay?

Anyways I think that's all. THank you for answering if you do :)
I'm just trying to clear things up.

Sorry about all the attacks but because the story is so sparse people jump to conclusions.

Honestly you don't seem like the type to not care about your animals.

Last edited:

Visit our friends