If at first you don't succeed...

indyana

So, last year, my pairing ended up being a dud. You can find the thread I made regarding my female reabsorbing all her eggs.

Despite that, I'm retrying the pairing this year because the female is going to be over her prime shortly and my other breeders are still young.

So, now we play the game again! Will they or won't they... Have to say, the male wasn't doing a great job of it the first round. May not have gotten a successful coupling.

She's not receptive at this point any longer, so will have to wait and see...

It is hard to tell in the picture. I do see the pink hue though. Has the male that bred her produced with another female?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
On the other hand, I've had females that have been paired with proven males and failed year after year (after which time I "retire" them) to produce.

Aliza

alphakenc

To mate or not to mate...only the god know...better keep them separate n try again on the later date, hopefully everything will turn into ur favorite way in success mating them.

indyana

The more I watch these two, the more I think the male just isn't getting a lock... *facepalm* Does anyone have a suggestion, or is he just not going to be a good breeder? Admittedly, she is visibly larger than he is, so not as easy for him as a smaller female.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think artificial insemination is going to work with geckos! The only thing I can suggest is to put them in a fairly small enclosure to see if maybe he can be crowded into a better "seal"

Aliza

Visit our friends